Greenhorn entrepreneurs and seasoned businessmen alike constantly hear about the importance of branding and carefully planned business development, however, in most cases, only a few of them totally understand the message. It’s not that they’re ignorant or incapable, it’s because the info is either served in huge chunks, or it’s served the wrong way. This way, especially newcomer entrepreneurs, have a hard time grasping the true importance of brand development and the proper way of marketing their business, products, and/or services.
What is brand development?
In simple terms, branding is the process of creating your company’s name, distinguishable logo, story, and business vision. You set up the “tone” of your business, your target audience, the way you like to showcase yourself and the way how your target audience sees you.
In our experience, most newcomer entrepreneurs see this process as quite self-explanatory, meaning, they are oftentimes pretty sure that branding can be done “on-the-fly”, or will be figured out during the product development phase. Sadly, this approach can cause serious problems later on and can even break a business.
What you get from branding?
As stated above, branding is a critical key feature in every company’s success. It has a general impact on your business, your target audience, not to mention your overall presence in the industry and on the market.
- Good Branding Gets You Recognition – It helps you get recognized. Your logo is probably the first thing your target audience sees on your product. They see the face of the company when your services pop up. Branding grabs their attention. If you strive to tell a unique story with your brand, through your logo, mission and company vision, you will get noticed, period.
- Increases Business Value – In our experience, a company with a strong market presence can generate future business with more ease than those who are invisible to the market even though their products or services are top-notch. Being firmly established on the market can drive you more opportunities.
- Branding Generates Customers – This one is quite self-explanatory. The stronger your market presence is, the more people learn about you. With strong branding, you can easily gain the sympathy of your target audience and with the right tools, you can attain brand ambassadors with ease.
- Trust – Good branding can help you generate more trust towards you within the marketplace among customers and clients alike.
- Improves employee satisfaction – Working for a strongly branded company makes the employee feel satisfied and makes them stand behind the vision and mission of the company. It evokes a sense of belonging and thus, can generally help boost overall productivity within the company.
- Helps Advertising Efforts – Good branding and successful marketing go hand in hand. One helps and completes the other. Without strong branding, advertising efforts can end up being fruitless, and there’s no guarantee that a well-developed brand will get noticed without the proper marketing tools and strategy.
Brand development in the digital sphere
Today, ask any marketer, and they will tell you that branding without a strong online presence is wasted money. Today, when people check social media more than once every hour, when there are thousands of browser searches happening every second, it’s only normal to exploit everything the digital realm has to offer for businesses.
The internet gives companies numerous ways to reach out to their customers through various channels in various ways. Social media, SEO, graphic design, web design, automation, and every other aspect of digital marketing can have a profound effect not just on growing your brand, but it can also help shape it, from the ground up.
A successful digital marketing strategy won’t only increase your visibility and customer engagement on every online channel. It can also help you give more insight into how you should present your brand, how you should tell your story to drive the results you are after.
How Digital Marketing Can Help You Build and Shape Your Brand?
- Social Media Marketing is probably the backbone of a good digital marketing strategy. It enables brands to get noticed on numerous platforms and in the way that’s most optimal for gaining more customers. Graphic designers from marketing companies can easily help entrepreneurs create the visual identity of their brand ensuring that storytelling goes flawlessly. Paid Ad professionals can help pinpoint the best way to your customers, and can create the right budget for your goals.
- Different technologies and techniques such as automation and retargeting can help keep your brand in the forefront with less effort and can help you retain customers better.
- Generally speaking, in the digital realm, you are closer to your audience than ever. You get feedback in real-time, giving you the opportunity to reach out faster and build more brand trust along the way.
- The digital realm allows entrepreneurs to create any kind of content that can represent their brand and story the best. Pictures, videos, blogs, posts, snaps, tweets all help to shape your brand and to create the identity you want to be perceived. It also gives a great opportunity for your most loyal customers to spread the word about your brand. And that’s the best kind of marketing.
Summing it up
When you put it all together, you can see that branding is crucial for success. It is basically the connection between your company and your customers. Your brand is the face of your company, the vision you want to share and convey. Great branding speaks of trust, professionalism, and accountability.
With a great branding strategy, coupled with a strong digital marketing presence, you can shorten the distance between your services/products and customers.
If you’d like to gain more knowledge regarding brand development and the marketing strategies that can maximize your branding efforts, feel free to reach out to us so we can schedule a consultation with you.